Each day brings new changes and recommendations to contain the spread of the coronavirus. So we continue to adjust our practices to these changed circumstances. This week our update includes next week’s schedule as well as a couple announcements.
Most of our regular classes and practices continue to be webcast. New to Zoom? It’s easy. Just follow the instructions on this link.
Helping the Nalandabodhi Seattle Community
This week several sangha members offered to help grocery shop for those in need. Others have called sangha members in at-risk categories to make sure they are OK. If you have a concern about a sangha member who you cannot reach or who needs help, please let us know.
Helping the Seattle Community
The Puget Sound blood supply is on the verge of collapse. It is a genuine crisis that needs caring people to step forward to help those whose lives depend on donated blood. If you are healthy and are able, please consider donating blood. The location of mobile units can be found here.
Nalandabodhi Seattle Donations
Nalandabodhi’s expenses are covered by the offerings that you make at weekly practice. These small donations accumulate to help us pay expenses, like the AV equipment and Zoom licenses that we are using to stream our programs. Since our offering basket is out of your reach on a table outside the shrine room, we would like you to consider making small weekly offering to our “virtual offering basket”. Use this link and click on the donate button for Nalandabodhi Seattle and type Zoom in the comments.
Weekly Practice Schedule
Sunday March 22
Meditation: Seattle sangha members are invited to join our sister sangha, Akasha, in their Sunday meditation on Zoom. Practice is from 9-10 a.m. Please mute your microphone. Open chants will be screen shared. Only the umdzee will have audio to prevent feedback. Meeting ID: 120 632 885
Monday March 23
Hinayana: This is the final class in this series. To register for the next series, Hinayana 202, follow this link.
Tuesday March 24
- Open Meditation: Practice begins on Facebook Live starting at 7 p.m. Please use this link to connect.
Wednesday March 25
Debate Club: This class is hosted on Zoom. Please email Stephanie Basford if you are interested in attending.
Thursday, March 26
Rebel Buddha: This book discussion group is facilitated by Stephanie Basford on Zoom.
Friday, March 27
- Tara Practice: This regularly scheduled practice will continue via Zoom. Liturgy will be screen shared. This practice is for Nalandabodhi members only.
Saturday, March 28
- Contemplative Collage: Lynne Marvet hosts an hour of contemplative collage starting at 2 p.m. Relax and give your creative self an outlet as Lynne describes her artistic process and shares samples of her work. If you have construction paper, glue, scissors and some old magazines you can join in. Meeting Link: 513 576 162
Sunday, March 29
Open Meditation: Seattle sangha members are invited to join our sister sangha – Akasha – in their Sunday meditation on Zoom. Practice is from 9-10 a.m. Please mute your microphone. Open chants will be screen shared. Only the umdzee will have audio to prevent feedback. Meeting ID: 120 632 885
- Open Heart Circle Practice: This every-other-week practice will be webcast via Zoom for one hour starting at 11 a.m.
- Interconnecting for Good: This event, sponsored by Nalanda West, has been rescheduled for 7-10 p.m. April 3. Depending on recommendations from King County Public Health officials, we are considering a live, streamed performance. We’ll keep you posted.
- Communicating Your Spiritual End of Life Wishes: This end of life program developed by Beth Patterson, Nalandabodhi’s health and wellness director, has been postponed. The on-line April 25 option is cancelled as well.
New to Zoom? It’s easy. Just follow the instructions on this link.